Saturday 25 April 2015

The Yellow Tulips.

Hi there, Ladies and Gents!

I hope all is well with you in the world.

I had a great experience yesterday. These things happen to me a fair amount. I usually don't talk about them, but now that I have this lovely blog, with which I can share, I thought that it might be a nice story to relate.

I had a patient visit me yesterday, with a concern. I checked her out and explained that she was fine. I talked her through it and reassured her. She left and in doing so, we wished each other well. I did not charge her any fees; I did not even think about it. She's a regular patient, a lovely, friendly lady and it didn't cross my mind. To me, it was a normal thing to do.

The receptionist came in a few moments later to ask if there was a charge. I replied that there wasn't. The lady was happy and came back in to thank me. I thought that was very sweet. 

I resumed my usual activities and, not five minutes later, the receptionist returned with two bunches of flowers, one for me and another for my nurse. They were beautiful yellow tulips! Such a gesture of gratitude, for which I am grateful.

It never ceases to amaze me that when you treat people well, although you feel that it is simply normal behaviour, they will always appreciate what you do for them, be it a smile, a kind word, doing your job, or changing their lives. 

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend,

Shaleza

No comments:

Post a Comment