Sunday 16 August 2015

Amy's Birthday at Street Feast, Dalston, London


                                  

Yesterday evening I went with my cousins and some friends to Street Feast in Dalston, East London to celebrate my Cousin Amy's birthday. 

There was an eclectic mix of food and drink from many different cultures. The rum cocktails, wine and cider were great! Honestly the food was EPIC! 
Such a variety of cultures represented under one roof from Jerk chicken, Indian Street food, Mexican Tacos, American sliders to the Japanese steamed gyoza, pulled pork and brisket and crab and lobster stall!! 

                                  


My favourites were the steamed chicken gyoza - so tasty!!! ...... AND the shrimp 'YUM BUNS'. These had the yummy green sauce I first had in a trip to Trinidad several years ago and they were cooked to perfection. What I wouldn't give for one of those now.... the morning after!! 

The food is all of such a high quality, so delicious and even if you spend a few pounds, and it's quite reasonably priced, it's a great evening out. The atmosphere is buzzing, but chilled at the same time. It's on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August, so check it out. You'd be crazy to miss it. Last night was my first visit, but I know I'll be back before August is out!! 

The family and friends had a great time last night. We ate to capacity, but in a dignified manner (smile), drank some refreshing tipple and were, quite frankly, fairly merry. 
Today, we are assembling at Amy's house for round two of celebrating, eating and drinking! There's no substitute for having a loyal and loving family. 

Happy Birthday Amy!! I love you lots!! xx





No comments:

Post a Comment